Skip to main content Homepage


Insurance companies 

  • Must register with the Oregon Workers’ Compensation Division (WCD) within 30 days of getting a certificate of authority from the Oregon Division of Financial Regulation and before writing workers’ compensation insurance policies for Oregon subject employers.
  • Must submit Insurer’s Notification of Business in Oregon (Form 1352).
  • Must have all claims processed within Oregon.

Service companies handling claims for Oregon workers

  • Must be incorporated in/authorized to do business in Oregon.
  • Must have a location in Oregon for processing claims.
  • Oregon workers’ compensation claims must be processed by Oregon-certified claims examiners.
  • Must have a general lines adjuster license from the Oregon Division of Financial Regulation.
  • Must submit the Notification of Place of Business in Oregon (Form 4929).

Insurance and self-insured employers using a service company

  • Must submit a service agreement contract between the insurer/self-insured and the service company for approval by WCD before processing begins. The service agreement must grant the service company power of attorney to act for the insurer in workers’ compensation claims proceedings under ORS Chapter 656. Reference OAR 436-050-0110.
  • Insurance companies may use a maximum of eight claims processing locations (includes stored claim locations, own locations, and service companies).
  • Self-insured companies may use a maximum of three claims processing locations (includes stored claim locations, own locations, and service companies).

Reporting changes

Insurers and self-insured employers must notify WCD when switching from one service company to another at least 10 days before the switch by submitting a Claim Move form. They also must report changes in insurer and self-insured employer’s key contact personnel such as names, titles, mailing address, email addresses, fax numbers, and telephone numbers at least 30 days before the effective date of the change. Changes may be reported using the Insurer Contact Update form (Form 5188). Service companies may report changes using the Service Company Contact Update form (Form 5215).



800-452-0288 (toll-free)
Insurer Registration Team:
Fax: 503-947-7725​

Oregon Division of
Financial Regula​tion​​

Insurer Licensing: 503-947-7981​​​

Definition of contacts for Form 1352​
Service companies frequently asked questions
OAR 436-050-0110​​​​​​​​​​​​

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how