Filing a claim
- Tell your employer right away about your injury.
- Fill out a Form 801 and turn it in to your employer.
- You can print out a form here or ask for one from your employer.
- Your employer must turn it in to the insurer within five days of being notified of your injury.
- If you go to the doctor after your injury, let your doctor know it is a work-related injury.
- You and the doctor should complete Oregon Form 827.
- Medical providers must must turn in the form to the insurer within three working days.
- The insurer has 60 days from the day you file the 801 claim form with your employer to accept or deny your claim.
- If your claim is accepted, the insurer will send a Notice of Acceptance listing the medical conditions accepted.
- If your claim is denied, the insurer will send you a letter explaining why it was denied and what your appeal rights are.
Workers’ compensation flow chart