Skip to main content Homepage

Appealing a closed claim


If you disagree with your claim closure, you have the right to appeal by asking the Workers’ Compensation Division for a reconsideration. You must make a request for reconsideration within 60 days of the mailing date of the Notice of Closure. 

You can request reconsideration by submitting Request for Reconsideration to the division. The completed form can be submitted by mail or fax (503-947-7794), or it can be delivered to the division office in Salem. 

If you need help completing the form, you may call the division or come to the Salem office and an appellate reviewer will help you. A list of terms and definitions is also available to help you complete the form.

​Help with claim closure and reconsideration

Ombudsman for Injured Workers
800-927-1271 (toll-free)

Benefit Consultation Unit
800-452-0288 (toll-free)

Appellate Review Unit
800-452-0288 (toll-free)

Para información en español

Your browser is out-of-date! It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how